(See notes below) Bread 1 cup milk 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup dark brown soft sugar ½ cup vegetable oil 1 egg 1 1/3 cup flour 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda ¾ cup chopped rhubarb 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
Topping 4 Tablespoons brown sugar ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 Tablespoon melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 320° - Lightly grease two 9x5 in loaf tins.
2. In a small bowl, stir together milk, lemon juice and vanilla; let stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, oil and egg. Combine the flour, salt and soda. Stir into sugar mixture alternately with the milk mixture just until combined. Fold in rhubarb and nuts. Pour batter into prepared loaf tins.
4. In a small bowl, combine 4 Tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Sprinkle this mixture over the unbaked loaves.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, until a skewer (or toothpick) inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
I found this recipe on the 'All-Recipes' website. Now I'm going to go into my kitchen a bake! It looks so so so good.
NOTE: I should have tried the recipe before I published it!!!! Actually it is VERY delicious but the loaves came apart when I took them out of the pan! When I make this again I'll not only grease the bottom and sides of the pans, I'll also flour them, I'll add 1/4 cup more flour to the recipe and bake it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Like I said though, it is very good!